In November 2017 The Woodland Trust joined with many national and local organisations launched the CHARTER FOR TREES, WOODS and PEOPLE.
The Charter recognises, celebrates and protects the right of the people of the UK to the benefits brought by trees and woods.
The 10 Tree Charter Principles;
1. Combat the threats to our habitats.
2. Strengthen our landscape with trees.
3. Sustain landscapes rich in wildlife.
4. Celebrate the power of trees to inspire.
5. Plant for the future.
6. Grow forests of opportunity and innovation.
7. Protect irreplaceable trees and woods.
8. Plan greener local landscapes.
9. Recover health, hope and wellbeing with the help of trees.
10. Make trees accessible to all.
The tree Charter draws its strengths from the hundreds of thousands of people across the UK that sign it and help bring it to life.
The Boston Woods Trust is working with the Woodland Trust to ensure that the people of Boston can reap the benefit .